Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2013 - Six Word Memoirs about Conflict

I can write about each type of conflict in six words.

To be able to do this I must understand how to refer back to my notes to develop a stronger understanding of the six types of conflict that we will be studying this quarter. I must also understand how punctuation and sentence structure can effect meaning.

I will show this by handing in six six word memoirs that show each type of conflict.

Teacher Examples:

Person vs. Self
Start with noun or adjective descriptor then a colon


Hipster: Should have ignored existential questions.

Person vs. Person
Start with a verb

Delivering newspapers, Chad punched my face.

Harrass my cousin, taste my fist.

Raising voices, older sister always wins.
Person vs. Supernatural
Complete Sentence: 

I swear that wasn’t there before.

Something had control of my arms.

I heard it in the trees.

Person vs. Technology
List with periods: 

Text.  Red light.  Send.  Crash.  Hospital.     

Computer. Crash. Homework. Gone. Teacher. Angry.

Phone. Bing. Message. Ignore. Friend. Talking.
       
Person vs. Society
Two Sentences: 

White guy.  Black girl.  Mixed kid.

White guy. Asian girl. At Quinceanera.

Person vs. Nature
Comma list: 

Blizzard, walk to work, closed, Ugh!
       
Rain, Rain, Rain, Go home.  Yes!  

Ice, Slip, Fall, Cry, Laughed at.

Angry, Mother goose, scared, little, boy.

1 comment: