Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 29, 2014 - Discourse: Sharing our Thoughts about Same-Sex Marriage

I can interview and discuss the topic of same-sex marriage with my classmates using academic language.

To do this I must be able to verbally express my opinions about same-sex marriage. 

I will demonstrate this by creating a "teens react to gay-marriage" video just like the "kids react to gay marriage" video we watched. (If you are not familiar with the video, it can be found on yesterday's link).

Directions: Generate a list of questions about same-sex marriage. You can use the ones from the video, but I want you to include some of your own as well.  Then, record each other answering the questions.  Remember to speak intelligently and academically. Many of you pointed out how smart even the 5 and 6 year-olds sounded.  You guys are more than twice their age.  You should use the academic vocabulary that you see in the texts.  Also, try to recall information from the texts to make comparisons to prove your opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment