Friday, August 16, 2013

VERY IMPORTANT: WRITING EXPECTATIONS FOR THE YEAR

Writing Expectations
- After looking at your first writing assignment, I realized that I need to be more clear about my expectations so that I do not cheat you out of becoming stronger writers.

- When I say I want at least eight sentences, I mean I want AT LEAST eight complete sentences.

- For future writing assignments, I will show you an example that I write, and I will expect your writing to be as long as mine.

- YOU SHOULD WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR WRITING AS MUCH AS I WANT TO SEE IT IMPROVE!

- From now on, for ANY writing assignment that is not complete, does not meet my expectations, or shows an effort that is beneath your potential, you will be required to call home (on speaker phone) in class and you will have to re-do the assignment.

What you will have to say: "hola mamá. Estoy llamando para decirte que no completé mi primer trabajo escrito y estaré fallando si no terminarlo. Lo siento, y voy a trabajar más duro. Te amo."

Or

"Hi Mom. I am calling to let you know that I did not complete my writing assignment and will be failing if I do not finish. I am sorry, and I will work harder. I love you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment