Monday, February 24, 2014

February 21-24, 2014 - Writing a Closing Argument

I can identify rhetorical devices in a closing argument then write my own closing argument using ethos, pathos, and logos.

To do this I must be able to identify examples of ethos, pathos, and logos, and use the mentor text to help me write my own closing argument.

I will demonstrate this by annotating the mentor text and writing my own closing argument with ethos, pathos, and logos. 

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I believe Tom is guilty/innocent because ________

Pathos

Questions:  How can I make the jury feel sorry for Mayella/Tom.  Imagine (being black in this time/living next to a dump, jobless)

How can I make them empathize with Tom/Mayella.  If you were______, you would

What facts about each character help you really know who the character is and how they live?

Logos

I want to remind you of ____________

The state has produced no evidence/evidence

If _____________, then _________________. (use a comparison); If a person robbed a store would they wait around?  No, they’d run. 


We heard _______ say that ________________.  This means that ______________.

No comments:

Post a Comment